The origin of the Jewish nation is a fascinating question that is addressed in the Bible, archaeology, and genetics. In this episode, Dr Rob examines the early Israelite family tree and notes the huge amount of inbreeding that occurred as three successive generations intermarried. He compares this to other people from across the world and draws some conclusions about the rise of the various human ‘races’ that will be surprising to many.
Notes and links:
- Carter R. 2013. Inbreeding and the origin of races, Journal of Creation 27(3):8–10. [Original paper, with main graphics]
- Carter R, Sanders L, How long were the Israelites in Egypt? Using their own family tree to resolve a debate, Creation.com, 21 September 2021.
- Carter R. 2018. The genetic history of the Israelite nation, Journal of Creation 32(1):114–120.
- Carter R, Sanders L, The Israelites: Forging of a nation, Creation.com, 2 September 2021.
- Carter R, Where did the Israelites cross the “Red Sea”? Creation.com, 20 July 2021.
- Carter R. 2017. Extensive mixing among Israelites and non-Israelites in biblical history, Journal of Creation 31(3):112–118.
- Ringbauer H, et al. 2021. Parental relatedness through time revealed by runs of homozygosity in ancient DNA, Nature Communications 12:5425; doi: 10.1038/s41467-021-25289-w.
Thumbnail image: Blake Campbell via Unspash.com
Podcast: Play in new window | Download