People are constantly asking me, “Is Covid-19 evolving?” So I went ahead and recorded my answer. In short, no, there is nothing to suggest that it is on its way to becoming anything but a coronavirus. In fact, it should be picking up enough mutations over time that it slowly degrades. In other words, it is on its way to becoming a decrepit coronavirus, given a decade or two. But this does not mean that it won’t find that lucky mutation that makes it spread faster or that makes is more deadly in the meantime.
- Loess Hills, Iowa
- Preparation Canyon State Park
- Darwin’s finches: see Lightner J, Finch beaks point to a Creator who provides, Journal of Creation 26(2):8–10, 2012.
- Tay J, Reclaiming the peppered moth: designed to adapt, Creation 42(3):18–21, 2020.
- Eacock A, et al., Adaptive colour change and background choice behaviour in peppered moth caterpillars is mediated by extraocular photoreception, Communications Biology 2:286, 2019.
- Carter RW, More evidence for the reality of genetic entropy, Journal of Creation 28(1):16–17, 2014. [Deals with the extinction of the human H1N1 influenza]
- Carter RW, Sanford JC, A new look at an old virus: patterns of mutation accumulation in the human H1N1 influenza virus since 1918, Theor Biol Med Model 9:42, 2012.
- Carter R, Is Covid-19 Evolving? No, but it is changing rapidly, Creation.com, 24 Aug 2021. [also a discussion on APOBEC enzymes]
- Carter R, RNA vaccines: harnessing God’s design to help prevent sickness, but will the new vaccine technology alter our DNA?, Creation.com, 3 Dec 2020.
- Sarfati J, CMI, vaccines, and vaccination, Creation.com, 24 Aug 2021 update.
- Coronavirus videos on Creation.com
Main thumbnail image: Daniel Schludi via Unsplash.com