Natural selection is a controversial topic both among creationists and evolutionists and within creationism. No, it is not ‘proof’ of evolution, and yes it is a real phenomenon. But it was also operational in the world before Adam fell and sin and death entered the world. There are several reasons for this, as I detail in this video and the associated article.
Filming location: Etowah Indian Mounds State Historic Site (Cartersville, GA)
Links and notes:
- Main article on Creation.com: Natural Selection in Paradise
- The Heavenly state, the New Earth
- Front loaded information? See Terborg, P., Evidence for the design of life: part 2—Baranomes, Journal of Creation 22(3):68–76, 2008.
- Information article 1: Carter, R.W., Can mutations create new information? Journal of Creation 25(2):95–98, 2011.
- Information article 2: Carter, R., Can biologically active sequences come from random DNA? Journal of Creation 31(3):82–89, 2017.
- Brain cells: Baillie, J.K., et al., Somatic retrotransposition alters the genetic landscape of the human brain, Nature 479:534-537, 2011.
- Episode 8: What on earth is a ‘gene’? Slicing and dicing the genome.
- What does the Bible call “alive”? See Nephesh chayyāh
- Can bunny rabbits be saved? (No, of course not. Read the article!)