The apple gives us several excellent illustrations for understanding biblical genetics. The genetics of the apple tree is super complicated, yet always fascinating. From one domestication event several thousand years ago we now have over 10,000 apple varieties, and this does not include the many wild species of apple-like trees. How does this fit within biblical genetics? Tune in to find out!
Filming location: Raven Rock State Park, Lillington, North Carolina
Notes and links:
- Species Designed to change video series:
- Species were designed to change article series:
- Cserhati M, Carter R (2020) Hierarchical clustering complicates baraminological analysis, Journal of Creation 34(3):64–73 (see here).
- Terborg, P (2020) The hemizygosity hypothesis—a novel genetic paradigm for baranomes, Journal of Creation 34(2):111–116.
- Journal of Creation subscription link
- Journal of Creation archives
- Qiao et al. 2021 Evolutionary history and pan-genome dynamics of strawberry (Fragaria spp.), PNAS
Would you like to help support Biblical Genetics? It’s easy! You can become a monthly Patron, or just Buy me a Coffee.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download